Oregonians for Renewable Energy Progress
OREP's Mission is to rapidly transition Oregon's energy reliance from fossil fuels to decentralized, renewable resources. We advocate for policies that allow electricity customers to generate and sell renewable energy to their utilities.
Known in the US as "CLEAN Contracts" (Clean Local Energy Accessible Now) and globally as FITs (Feed-in Tariffs), these policies open the energy market to many new participants, attract capital, bring down the cost of renewables, and create good, local jobs. FITs are responsible for approximately 75% of global solar photovoltaic and 45% of global wind deployment.
OREP's Vision for a sustainable, decentralized energy future:
- Average Oregonians producing renewable energy and earning a reasonable return on their investment
- Farmers, ranchers, tribes, and rural communities harnessing Oregon's abundant and varied renewable resources (wind, solar, biogas, micro-hydro, etc)
- Solar thermal and photovoltaic panels on neighborhood homes, small businesses, houses of worship, and schools
- Local lenders and community members financing renewable energy projects in urban and rural Oregon communities, re-circulating energy dollars close to home
- Renewable energy industries flourishing under consistent funding
- A sustainable economy with family-wage, energy jobs throughout the state
- Widespread voter support for a renewable energy plan that citizens participate in and benefit from directly
View OREP's FIT primer, Decentralizing the Energy Grid (9:05)
~ Download Decentralizing the Energy Grid companion flash cards
Jumpstarting Renewable Energy and Job Creation (22-min)
Populist Dialogues interview with OREP co-founder Judy Barnes
Help us move sound renewable policy forward by taking action now!